Living in Florida means being well-prepared for the hurricane season. While there are several steps to take to ensure your safety and the protection of your property, one of the most critical aspects is securing a reliable source of emergency water.
In this blog, we discuss the importance of preparing for hurricane season by ensuring you have an adequate emergency water supply. We’ll cover the best way to prepare for a hurricane, how much water you’ll need for an emergency supply, and the best way to stock up on water in Central and South Florida.
Stock Up on Emergency Water
When a hurricane hits, access to clean and safe drinking water becomes crucial. In addition to drinking, you’ll also need water for toilet flushing and bathing.
It’s recommended to have an ample supply of emergency water stored in advance. Waiting for a hurricane to strike first may result in you not having access to the water you need during an emergency.
How Much Water Do I Need?
Determining the amount of emergency water you need depends on several factors, including:
- The size of your household
- The duration of the hurricane’s impact
The general guideline is to store at least one gallon of water per person per day of limited access. This should be enough for drinking, cooking, and basic hygiene until the time that water access is restored.
Families with infants, elderly individuals, or people with specific medical needs may require additional water. If you’re unsure how much emergency water you need before the next hurricane strikes, consult with a knowledgeable water supplier to learn about your options.
Emergency Water From Water Boy
At Water Boy, our team offers various types of emergency water to ensure you have a reliable supply during a hurricane or any other emergency situation.
- Distilled water: Pure and free of impurities, distilled water is suitable for drinking and essential household use.
- Spring water: Collected from natural springs, spring water provides a refreshing and clean source of hydration.
- Purified water: Processed to remove contaminants, purified drinking water is an excellent choice for staying hydrated during an emergency.
- BPA-free water: Water Boy offers BPA-free bottles to ensure the water remains safe and free of harmful chemicals.
- Single-serve water: Convenient and portable, single-serve bottled water cases are ideal for individual use or distribution among family members.
- Three- and five-gallon bottles: These larger containers are suitable for families or extended periods of water supply.
- Bottled water: Water Boy provides specially packaged bottled water designed to meet emergency needs.
Remember, preparing for a hurricane involves more than just water. Be sure to follow comprehensive checklists available from reliable sources to ensure you have everything you need to weather the storm safely.
To learn more about Water Boy’s emergency water options and how to order, call (800) 799-5684 to request your emergency water supply today.