Keeping your water cooler clean and knowing how to replace your bottles is very important for your home or office water services. Water Boy has some quick and easy tips for you to keep your water safe, sanitary, and mess free!
How to Clean Your Water Cooler Reservoir
You should clean your water dispenser’s reservoir once every three months to ensure clean, healthy water. When you’re ready to sanitize your cooler, wait until your current bottle is empty and then follow these steps:
- Unplug your water cooler and remove the empty water bottle.
- Remove the top piece of your water cooler and take out the plastic baffle inside the reservoir—some water cooler tops have a very snug fit and will require you to wiggle it back and forth to get it to come off.
- Add a half teaspoon of unscented bleach to the remaining water in the reservoir and wash the reservoir with the diluted bleach solution and then drain through the cold water spigot.
- Fill the reservoir with water and drain again. Thoroughly dry the reservoir with a paper towel.
- Wash the plastic baffle, drip tray, and water cooler top in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry. Do not put these items in the dishwasher!
- Put the dip tray back in place, set the baffle into the reservoir, and cover with the water cooler top as well.
- Install a fresh bottle of Water Boy water and plug in the cord so you can enjoy your newly cleaned water cooler!
How Often Should You Clean Your Cooler?
To keep your water sanitary, clean out your cooler every year unless the cooler has been powered down for long periods of time with water still inside.
How to Easily Replace Your Water Bottle
Replacing your 3 or 5 gallon water bottle doesn’t have to mean spilled water or strained muscles—there’s an easier way! After you remove your empty water bottle and set it aside, just follow these steps:
- Use a clean towel to dry the rim of the cooler where the water bottle is going to rest. Having a dry surface is going to make securing the new water bottle much easier.
- Use the same towel to wipe down the neck and top of your new water bottle to remove any dust or debris that has settled on it—this will help keep your water cooler clean and sanitary.
- Set your water bottle on a table or chair near your cooler—lifting from this height is going to be much easier than lifting from the floor.
- Remove the cap and use your dominant hand to hold the neck of the bottle and support the bottom with your other hand—some people choose to cradle to bottom on their forearm, so do whatever feels more comfortable to you.
- Lift the bottle with your legs, not your back. Adjust the bottle so it’s centered on the unit and enjoy!
How to Safely Store Your Water Bottles
When it comes to storing your water bottles, it’s important to keep them in a cool or room temperature environment that’s dry and not in direct sunlight. You’ll also want to keep your bottles away from toxic chemicals like household cleaners, gasoline, and paint thinners.
Learn More About Bottled Water Delivery in Florida
Water Boy is the largest locally owned and operated bottled water delivery company in the South/Central Florida area. We provide home and office distilled and spring bottled water delivery services in addition to office coffee delivery services. If you have questions about your bottled water, visit ourpage or give us a call—we can answer any and all water questions!