Partnership for a Healthy America (PHA) launched its national Drink More Water campaign on Sept. 12, 2013 in an effort to encourage people to drink more water, more often. The nonprofit, nonpartisan group is part of Michelle Obama’s effort to end childhood obesity.
The campaign launched at a PHA event held by the First Lady and PHA leadership, organizations in support of the cause, celebrities, and children. But their efforts began beforehand. As part of the Drink More Water campaign, PHA has already:
- Produced a logo
- Created a series of Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) that feature the First Lady and celebrities
- Organized a digital strategy with plans for a website, social media campaign, and online advertisements
- Engaged influential fashion designers and celebrities in the campaign
With the simple goal of getting everyone to drink more water, PHA plans to spread an entirely positive message. Rather than discussing the negatives associated with drinking other things, like soda, they simply want to focus on the positives of drinking water and encourage more people to do so.
The Water Community’s Support for PHA’s Efforts
As PHA begins to build out their campaign they’ve been working closely with the water community, gaining support from IBWA in addition to public water systems, water filtration providers, and bottled water companies, among others. IBWA has specifically shown its support by agreeing to:
- Use Drink More Water campaign’s logo on water bottle labels, packaging, and more
- Promote the campaign’s messages in their own online marketing campaigns
- Provide financial support
- And more
These are just some of the ways the national water community has become involved in the Drink More Water campaign, though the IBWA plans to provide ongoing support for the cause and encourage each of its members to become involved in what they consider a worthwhile cause.
Ready to Start Drinking More Water?
At Water Boy, we support the Drink More Water campaign’s messages to drink more water, more often. Doing so provides benefits related to:
- Your overall health
- Preventing heat stroke and other heat-related conditions
- Accomplishing weight loss goals
- Keeping skin moisturized
- Helping your kidneys rid your body of toxins
- Reducing the risk of muscle cramping and fatigue during exercise
- And much more!
So are you ready to start drinking more water—and encouraging your family to do so as well? Then contact Water Boy in Florida today. Whether you live in Fort Myers, Sarasota, Bradenton, or another local city, we can provide you with home or office bottled water delivery, bottleless water coolers for commercial settings, and much more!